Monday, August 17, 2009

OH MY GOSH!!! It's time!
My friend, Gilda, called me the other day to see if I was ready to have my slip-cover made for my sofa. She owns an upholstery business (Harrison Upholstery here in Houston) and she 'slips' in the projects she and I have, if I have something, when they're between jobs, like the fabric hasn't come in for the waiting jobs or such, that's when she gets our stuff done. YIPEE!
In my last post I showed my chairs from my sister. I took the fabric over to Tony to get the seats done, he used to work for Gilda.... He does wonderful work, but you have to"catch him". I haven't been able to get ahold of him since I dropped off the fabric.
A couple years ago we found a lady selling two of these sofas on Craig's List for $50 each. I've said they look like they must have been designed for a bordello. They're a really nice size and the shape is beautiful. I steam cleaned mine but they're so tired and dreary looking......
Anyway, my slipcovers are being made, at this very moment!!!!
I'm using Ralph Lauren's "Meadow Way" fabric....
Oh, I'm so excited! And next, Gilda is having her's unpholstered in a pink velvet type of fabric. And eventually, slip-covered in one of the "Shabby Chic" prints.
Can't hardly wait!!!
Pictures coming Sooon!

No comments:

Post a Comment