Saturday, August 27, 2011

Yummy Treats

I haven't posted in so - so long and I've had every intention of getting my thoughts and ideas for a post together but since it's been so long and I've had a few people ask me for a some recipes... this first new post isn't going to be about what all's been going on... how miserably hot it's been here for weeks and weeks or what we did this summer or the new grandbaby, altho' I am gona get to the grandbaby, Caylee AnnMarie, just born 8 days ago, real soon.
We had our monthly brunch today with the sweet, wonderful ladies at our church this morning and I decided to take a couple treats made with the recipes from Kristy over at www.owenscrew.blogspot.com . Kristy is the mom of Trey and Emery who you've seen on my blog and on Bleah's blog, www.blondeforchrist.blogspot.com. I am their "Grammie". I began keeping Trey, now 5 1/2 and one week into kindergarten, when he was newborn.... then along came Emery, or "Emmie Lou-Who", as I like to call her and she's still here with me. So special both of them.... Ooops, sorry, I said this was gona be about the recipes....
First the Corn Dip... mmmm so yummy!
Here are the ingredients:




•2 cans fiesta style corn


•2 cups shredded fiesta blend cheese


•1 cup shredded parmesan cheese


•1 small can jalapenos OR green chiles (depending on how spicy you want it!)


•1 cup of mayo
Mix it all together in a good size bowl.........



Put it in an 8x8 dish and


bake at 350 degrees for about 1/2 an hour.


Serve with Tortilla Chips.
I think there are alot of things I could do with this recipe to have something different everytime I mix it up.
I used a small can of mild chili peppers and even tho' I usually don't care for spicy food.... just a few spicy chili's or some jalepeno might have been better. When I went to get the mexican corn I noticed they now have something similar with black beans in the can, too. I wasn't brave and I shoulda been. I think the black beans would have been great! Serve this with tortilla chips. Keep them close to the dip. Today the ladies were thinking it was a side dish and just eating it like that.

I also made the party sandwiches from Kristy's recipe! Neither one of took pics of them, but here's the recipe.







•1 12-count package Hawaiian rolls


•6 slices ham


•6 slices Swiss cheese (Kraft Deli Fresh package)


•1/2 cup butter, melted


•1/2 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce (I used more...)


•1/2 tablespoon poppy seeds


•1 1/2 tablespoons yellow mustard


•1 tablespoon dried minched onion


Cut rolls in half. Cut ham & cheese into 4ths. Layer 2 slices ham & 2 slices cheese alternately on rolls. Place in 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Combine butter, Worcestershire sauce, poppy seeds, mustard, and onion in a small bowl. Pour over sandwiches. Cover with foil and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Preheat oven to 350. Back covered for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 more minutes.
For these.... maybe some corned beef to go with the mustard one time.... and on a potato roll. I've never been a big fan of the Hawaiian rolls but someone special loves them so I did make mine just like the recipe. Next time my bunch gets together I think I'll be using her recipe exactly and who knows what changes. It really was so easy..... it was difficult to pour a liquid over the sandwiches the first time out but it all went well!
Thank you, thank you, Kristy!!!

Now this is for Miss Linda who's been waiting for awhile for me to get this posted.....

Spiced Bacon Twists



1 Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar


2 Tablespoons Dry Mustard Powder


1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon


1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg


1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper


1 Pound Sliced Bacon

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
With a baking sheet that has sides to catch the grease, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack over the foil.
Stir together the brown sugar, mustard powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
Press each slice of bacon into the mixture until well coated.
Twist each strip a few times and place on the prepared baking rack.
Bake until the bacon is browned and crisp enough to hold its shape which takes about 30 minutes.

I have a couple new soup recipes that are so yummy. They'll be on here soon, too. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy these as much as I did.
Blessings!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment