Monday, May 10, 2010

I haven't posted in almost a month.... Goodness, I've had lots going on I could post about just haven't been able to fit that task in. But I just have to today!
I hope EVERYONE had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday.
I sure did.... A very nice weekend, in fact!

I have 4 fantastic, thoughtful, loving kids and 14 all very different grandkids and 1 more on the way this year and 1 great grandchild.
It was just great to get to be with all 4 of my kids, their spouses and the kids...
Two of my kids with their families came into town for the weekend while two live nearby.
We spent a while visiting with the kids painting tee-shirts and catching up. Then we headed off to Amalia's Mexican Restaurant for dinner. Fabulous fajitas!!!!

Fried tortillas stuffed with bananas and chocolate chips and Tres Leche cake for dessert.... YUMMY!
Sunday we started out with a breakfast buffet, hung out after that some more. Then ended the day with a craw fish boil over at Buddy's. I don't eat craw fish but there MUST be SOMETHING good 'bout 'em 'cause those who do eat 'em, LOVE 'EM!
I got some great gifts, too! Got a beautiful new watch from Kathryn and her family. Her timing was perfect... I'd been without a watch for about 4 days.
Buddy and Minnie sent me a great basket of goodies and Jen bought me neat STUFF FOR THE GARDEN!!!!! You can never have too much stuff for the garden!
Cort and Tara stopped on the way into town at the farmers market and picked up fresh vegetables... Fresh corn....



Dewberries and strawberries.... Tomatoes, squash, cantaloupe, onions, sweet potatoes and and and .... are you ready???
BLACK EYED PEAS!!!!!
They're cookin right now!
Daelen made a pretty plaque.... So sweet. I have to post a picture of it soon.

And Ig.....
She said the night before she had no Mother's Day gift for me. Said she'd looked and never found anything she thought was "right". That's ok, of course... but the Sunday Morning she opened her blog for me.... (
http://www.blonde4christ.blogspot.com/) Check the 2nd post she has for Sunday..... For sure... I cried. Soooo sweet.
This is an old picture of her.... We were in Florida visiting Auntie Fassin and she was naughty and got sent to the corner.... She just set down and took a snooze.

No comments:

Post a Comment