Friday, March 5, 2010

B-A-R-G-A-I-N-S.... You can't beat the thrift stores!

We went out last week to check out our favorite, local thrift shop. I'm always on the look for something 'shabby chic' to work on a little bit.
To repurpose......
Spring's just around the corner and it was so cold here, I wonder what might have made it as far as my plants go. Anyway, I'm in a spring, fix up the yard mood and maybe there'd some something sweet to bring home for the garden....I don't know what I was looking for and as far as what I might have had in the back of my mind, I didn't find anything.....
Iggie has turned into a real bargain hunter.
She set out to look for some summer dresses. She said "No shorts this year. I'm wearing dresses!" She loves Forever 21... But she hunts out the bargains there, too....
She went one way and I went the other. The next time I saw her, her arms were full! So, off we went to the fitting rooms for her to try on what she'd found.
After a while I was bored and wandered off again to the dresses myself to see what she might have overlooked. I'M SO GLAD I DID!!!!!!



I came across 2 LIKE NEW Lilly Pulitzer dresses!



EACH of these simple, lovely, bright dresses sells for around $200.00 new. I got them for a combined price of $14.53 plus tax. WOW ! WOW ! WOW!!!!!



She found five other sweet dresses, too. One reminds me of one I Dream Of Jeanie wore with her white Go-Go boots.



Now's where we spend the money, tho'...... Have to go get spring shoes and they closed Shoe Cents by us!



No comments:

Post a Comment