Friday, January 15, 2010

This and That

I was trying to decide how to change a few things around after removing the Christmas decorations. I like looking at my stuff. I want it right there so I can see it. I'm sure there are some who'd like to tell me it's overwhelming. Lots of friends and family like their homes with minimal decorations..... Nice. Tasteful. Absolutely no "clutter". I love stuff, my pretty stuff.

I was looking for something, don't have a clue what it was right now but I came across one little thing.... so pretty, so sweet. Her face is only about the size of a golf ball.... and is done on fabric. I bought this years ago from a lady at a craft show in N.W. Houston I believe her name was Judy Nanz. She's a very talented artist... I loved her stuff. She made some incredible earrings, too.... I'm sure I still have a few pairs, I'll have to dig them out.... yeh, good idea!

I thought how many of these kinda things do I have stashed and not in sight to enjoy... I have this old water kettel someone shabby chic'd way long time ago before shabby chic was in any magazines. I've had it for so long I don't have any idea where it came from!The crown is new.... Filled with wonderfully scented roses. I think I'm gona have to empty it and paint it white..... The little sillouetes I recently put back out.. They're of two of my kids. I think they were just 2 and 4 then.... so that makes them over 25 years old!

This was a birthday gift from a special, sweet friend.... We call it the blessings box. It's a clock but it closes up and it such a pretty box. A reminder of the blessings God has in store for me.... To receive AND give!

We're off to Harwin today. Bling! Bling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment