Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The other day I came acrros a copy of a cd a very special couple  had made as wedding favors for their wedding and I had picked up a couple to bring home with me.  I thought they'd had a neat idea... to have a CD of their music for each of the guests.I can't say that all the songs on it were to my best liking but there were a few I enjoy, one very nice one and one, my all time favorite song. E.V.E.R.
I love, have always loved and will always love Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers. It's a very special song to me. It' so beautiful.
In the last few years I've met a lady, Liz, and have become very good friends with her. After a bit we realized we have a lot of favorites in common. Surprise, surprise.... We both LOVE this song. I'm amazed how many people my age don't remember it. Cause I just love it!
Bobby Hatfield of the Righteous Brothers sang it in  '65 and that version is the best to me. I loved to dance when I was younger and  I bet I danced plenty of miles to this song.
I went to The Peabody Auditorium in Daytona Beach Florida in 1967 and saw them. Be still my heart....   I saw them again in Houston in the late 90's. Not the same awesome show but I enjoyed them still. Elvis, my very, very, very most favorite singer recorded it once. Sad to say it wasn't really very good at all. It was also in the movie Ghost, or part of it.
If I'm shopping somewhere and it comes on, I stop and take a break to listen.
The CD was made by my daughter in law and son for their beautiful wedding. My son chose the song I Hope You Dance as the Mother - Son dance.... That was really special because I had sent my son that song when he was away at college..... I cried.... Then, near the end of the wedding Unchained Melody began and he came and got me to dance again.... He said "You didn't think I'd forget, did you?" Oh, what a wonderful thing for him to do.
Something else no one knew was one day, lots of years ago, I was listening to the song and it had been so many years since I'd danced to it asked God to let me dance one more time with someone who understood how much I love the song...
I've been thinking about some things that have been special to me in my life and this is for sure one!




















































No comments:

Post a Comment