Saturday, July 11, 2009

A COUPLE WEEKS N THE COUNTRY


I love the country look.... I want a kitchen like this.......And a place for a nap like this... Below:


I haven't been doing any blogging because we've been out of town for over two weeks...... We're out in the Texas Hill Country. The town we're in make Mayberry look big!
We've been wandering around the area and been sight seeing and window shopping and hitting every resale shop, thrift store, estate sale and such that we could find.
I've taken a few pictures but can't load them on this computer, so that has to wait till we get home.
I have ooooodles of stuff to unsack and clean and soak and a few things to paint ..... So many goodies...... From lace to metal. Some of it on it's own isn't worth much but it'll spruce something up for sure. Some of it just needs a new color. (WHITE!!! My favorite!) And, some just a little cleaning and shining and a new place to sit.
I can't even remember what all I've found.
Next weeks gona be fun when I realize all my finds!

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer... Welcome home!!! You were missed girl! I love that kitchen too, beautiful. Can't wait to see all you've gathered on your two week vacation. Paint it white girl... that's what I'm doing!!! Have fun unpacking all your finds, xoxo~Kathy~ @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer,
    That was just the sweetest comment from you on my blog! I am still feeling pretty new at this blogging stuff too. I noticed you live in Texas. I lived there years ago too in Laredo on an Air Force base. It was certainly an experience but one that I am glad I had. My husband was stationed there for 4 years and I was with him for his last year. We used to go to San Antone(150 miles away) just to get a McDonald! Btw, I think you blog is very nice and you have some great photos! I can't wait to see what you bought in the Hill country!
    ~Hugs, Patti

    ReplyDelete