Wednesday, June 3, 2009

YUMMY

These are a couple photos I clipped off the internet of just about my favorite place.... Ft. Walton Beach, Florida. IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL THERE! We're hoping to fit in a trip at least or a long weekend. I was just daydreaming.... But I do have a great recipe to share.I made this salad for the Ladies' Dinner at church last December and since everyone 's comments were, "This is the best salad I've ever eaten." I made it again for my family dinner for Christmas. Cherry Feta Tossed Salad
Dressing:
1 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon ground mustard
1 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
Salad:
2 Tablespoons butter
3/4 cup sliced almonds
3 Tablespoons sugar
8 cups salad greens (I prefer the Spring Mix)
4 ounces Feta Cheese
1 6 ounce pkg. dried cherries

1. Combine dressing ingredients and shake or mix until dissolved.
2. For salad, in heavy skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add almonds and cook and stir until nuts are toasted, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar; cook and stir until sugar is melted, about 3 minutes. Spread on foil to cool; break apart.
3. In large bowl, combine the greens, cheese and cherries. Shake dressing; drizzle over salad. Sprinkle with sugared almonds and toss to coat.


ENJOY!!!

1 comment:

  1. Girl...that recipe sounds fabulous...My mouth is watering as we speak!,xoxo~Kathy~ @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete